Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wow!

Today marked the 2-year anniversary of TrueNorth's very first Sunday service. On March 7, 2004, about 50 of us gathered together in the cafeteria of Hammond Hills Elementary School to start dreaming and formulating the vision of TrueNorth Church. Today we had 1,175 in attendance! All I can say is WOW!!!!

But you know, it is not about numbers. It's about lives being changed through Jesus Christ. The numbers do help us gauge how we're doing though. As a matter of fact, one of those 1,175 people is a friend that is dear to my heart. Robby prayed to receive Christ a year ago this month and his life has not been the same since. And his passion for life is unbelieveable! And I could name dozens more.

I'm so extremely thankful that God has allowed me the opportunity to be a part of this movement since the beginning. It's the lives that are changed that help keep me grounded in Christ. They make me realize that it's not about me and it's not anything I'm doing. It's all God...and He wants to partner with me and so many others to change our community and even the world.

Wow!

No comments: