Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Thoughts

We had band practice last night for our Easter service. Wow! I am so pumped for Sunday to get here!!! I don't know what exactly it is...I just really believe God has a HUGE day in store for us. I can't wait to see what He does!

There's a song we've introduced recently called "All Because of Jesus" by Steve Fee that's sticking in my mind right now as I think towards Easter. The chorus of this song says:

It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
That covers me and raised this dead man's life
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive


It is all because of Jesus...I have hope because of Him. And life. And peace. Joy. Forgiveness. Grace. Salvation. Redemption. I could go on forever...and it's all because of Jesus. I'm humbled that He would shed His blood for me. I don't understand the love He has for me...it's truly baffling. The Son of God, leaving the Presence of God to come to earth...for us.

On this Good Friday, let us remember that Jesus willingly took our sin on His back and was willingly nailed to the cross. Why? For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

No comments: