Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Ban on Mondays

I was watching the newest Garfield movie with my boys the other day and in it Garfield makes a ban on Mondays. If you're familiar at all with the Garfield comic strip, he's not very fond of the first day of the work week because nothing good ever happens to him on that day. This week I decided to honor the big fat cat...so I'm blogging on Tuesday this week. (Of course, it has nothing to do with the nasty cold I've contracted over the past week and that I just didn't feel like it yesterday!)

I have to share something really cool from Sunday. I had the rare opportunity to sit with my wife and oldest son during the message Sunday. A very nice thing! Anyway, James (the guest speaker) asked us to turn in our bibles to a certain passage. As I was turning the pages in my bible, I looked over and noticed my 6-year old opening his bible and turning pages. I asked him if he needed help and he said yes. From that point on, he was reading along, as best he could, with the speaker. Laurie and I were beaming!

I've noticed a recent love and excitement about the bible in Austin. It's actually rather convicting because I realize I don't have that same feeling toward God's word. Oh how I want it though!

God- please give me the hunger and passion for Your Word that I see in my son!

2 comments:

mike f said...

Your ban on Mondays is a day late. I'm sure they will never be the same :)

TJ said...

The life application study bible has really done it for me....I've handwritten almost 8 pages of notes and I'm just startin chapter 3 in Matthew. I never had that interest with just the study bible!!!! Do you have the life application bible?