Thursday, November 30, 2006

The faith of a child

Laurie and I got home last night from JTeam and Austin, my 7 year old, comes running down the stairs. He hands us this story that he wrote and I had to share it with you...

"Do you know the story of baby Jesus? I do! Do you want to hear it? I thought you would. Once a upon a time there was a man and a girl. Their names were Mary and Joseph. They had a baby and his name was Jesus. when he was a man he had to die fo rour sins. Then one day something amazing happened. God brought Jesus back to life. So he came back to heaven. And he helped god. Did you like it? I thought so. That was true."

I can't describe to you how I felt when I read this for the first time. Part of me wanted to cry. The other part wanted to share this with the world. The innocent faith of a child is so beautiful. I hope, as we enter this Christmas season, that we'll all remember Austin's story and stop the hustle and bustle that we do every Christmas...that we'll focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin! Let me know if you make some nice extra cash 'cuz I could sure use some too!