Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday

It's Saturday night and I'm getting ready to go to bed and get some sleep for Easter Sunday at TNC. I have to say tomorrow should be an incredibly exciting day for us. We have some big stuff planned that I think will have people talking for a while.

As I was finishing up some things before bed, I checked out the Passion Blog that Louie Giglio writes on. He has had some awesome Easter thoughts. You should check it out!

Anyway, it got me to reflecting on the power of this weekend. Isn't it ironic that we call the day Jesus died "Good Friday"? But if you really think about it, it was a good Friday:

Jesus took our place on a cross that was supposed to be ours.
He became sin for us.
He became our shame.
He became our guilt.
He bore the burden of our mistakes.
He took our place as the separated from God.

Then He conquered death.
He became our forgiveness.
He became the bridge between us and God.

What a truly Good Friday it is!

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

in looking towards the easter service, i've been focusing more on what it means to be a christian & to follow Christ. for the first time ever, i've been concentrating on lent as a time of spiritual preparation for the celebration of easter. not because a religious leader told me to, nor to deny myself something, but to mentally & to spiritually examine how i've been living my life for him. it's been an enlightening 40 days.