Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 8: Psalm 84

God led me to Psalm 84 this morning. I love this Psalm! Verse 1 says "How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God." Now that's poetry!

This is the cry of my heart. The things of this world bear down on us and we can get so consumed and stressed out with those things. My heart longs to be in the presence of God in those times...to sing for joy to our living God! It's a place I never want to leave.

This stirs to mind a song Zak and I have been working up for Facedown. The words in this song, "Holy Ground", are really powerful and help remind us that we should always approach the Lord with reverence and a desire to see more of Him. I'm so excited about this song, I hope to post it on my purevolume site today or tomorrow!

O Lord of hosts- as we stand on holy ground, may our hearts be filled with love and joy for You. Let us enter Your courts singing praise and bowing low before Your holiness. Let Your name be lifted up and be glorified!!!! Amen.

No comments: