Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day 9: Pursuing

Colossians 2:6 - Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, bounding in thanksgiving.

Something Steve said in his message on Sunday really struck me. He mentioned that he's concerend that we tend to reduce salvation to a transaction - an exchanging of goods (our sins for His life).

There is a lot of truth in this. Yes, it's true, that Jesus' blood was shed to redeem you and me from sin's power. But He also shed His blood so we could have a relationship with God.

God is actively pursuing our hearts. He desires a close, intimate relationship with us...but all relationships are a two-way street. We must also pursue Him. After all, we love because He first loved us.

Father- thank You for Your sweet love. It blows my mind to think that You are pursuing a relationship with me. Help me to pursue You everyday. Amen.

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

i've been thinking about how i portray myself lately, and i have two choices: i can let people see how broken i am as a sinner, or i can rejoice because i am redeemed from my sins. i am a new creation. sweet!