Saturday, June 24, 2006

Reflections on Facedown



The day after Facedown always brings an afterglow for me. My mind is consumed with the night, thinking on the entire service...trying to unpack everything that went on. So I thought I'd list a few of my favorite moments:

- The thunder that the clapping hands made. What a joyful noise!
- The "That's My King" video. What a cool video! (Here's the link if you want to see it again: That's My King)
- The excitement and celebrative spirit of everyone there. (One guy even told me of his 70+ year old mother who was there that said she still had energy to burn after the night!)
- I loved the part on "Marvelous Light" when I went to tell everyone to put their hands in the air and they already were...and not only were all hands in the air, but everyone started singing without me!!!! AWESOME!
- Most importantly, I loved the fact that God got every single bit of praise, recognition, admiration, love, attention, affection, sound, word, voice, noise, and heart in the place. HE WAS THERE WITH US!

Thanks again to Steve Law and Jeff Kumrow for putting the recording together. Also, to every single production team member that put time and effort into setting up, running the service without a glitch, and then tearing down everything. And lastly, to the band for all the long hours in a hot auditorium making music together. I'm humbled and amazed at what God has done!

All glory and honor be to the Lord.

"...and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people...and they shouted for joy and fell facedown." (Leviticus 9:23-24)

No comments: