Monday, March 05, 2007

March Madness Takes Off!

If you missed yesterday, you missed the start of what is going to be an awesome series. Steve kicked off yesterday with The Road to the Final Four, a message on leadership and vision. I thought he did a great job tying leadership to everyone. As he said, whether you know it or not, you're leading someone.

I've been reading a book called Compassionate Leadership by Ted Engstrom and Paul Cedar. Excellent, excellent book. The whole premise of the book is that leadership must start with service. You cannot be a leader without first being a servant. That was Jesus' model. He even said that He came not to be served, but to serve. Powerful example from the Son of God!

Leadership is a lifelong process. I was talking to a friend yesterday who is an emerging leader about the struggles he's facing as a leader, and I told him it's something you're always learning in. I know I am. Just when I think I'm doing good, God shows me an area that I need to work on. And that's cool with me...cause I just want to keep growing and learning.

On a side note, I want to piggyback off an announcement from yesterday. Starfield is coming March 25!!! If you don't know anything about these guys, start learning! They are amazing musicians, songwriters and worship leaders. You can check out some of their music by clicking here or here, or you can even purchase their CDs by clicking here. Tickets are $10 at the door and the doors will open at 6:00P. Also, the TrueNorth|Band will be opening that night. It's a night you won't want to miss!!!

No comments: