Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Reflecting on Sunday

Wow! What a weekend! You can't get much better than that. To start it off, we saw 38 people dunk'd for Jesus. To put that in perspective, not many churches out there baptize 38 people in an entire year. It's just another testimony to what God is up to at TrueNorth! And the video testimonies were incredible. (In case you missed Sunday, be sure to check out the video link on our webpage!)

One absolutely amazing thing about Sunday morning is a particular way God worked amongst the band. I came in Sunday knowing my voice was pretty much shot due to allergies and a sinus infection---nasty stuff! So I had TJ on standby in case I woke up that morning without a voice. And you can guess what happened when I woke up...not much of a voice. (Actually, I sounded like a middle schooler going through puberty!) Anyway, we run through our set that morning, and TJ starts to lose his voice! (Thankfully the rest of the band was on with everything else.) When we prayed before the service, we just surrendered it all to God. It's not like anything we do or don't do can stop God from doing what He wants to do!!! And what happened in the service, God took over. I remember a few months back when Zak, one of our guitarists, prayed "God, make us more unsure of ourselves so that we can be more relient on You!" I've discovered through the years the most powerful times of worship are the times when I'm unassure of myself, but totally assured in Him.

So that was Sunday morning. Sunday night was Starfield, and they ROCKED IT OUT! Those guys from Canada have a unique ability to draw you into the presence of God through celebration and reflection. Very gifted fellows. And I was especially impressed and refreshed by their humility. If you ever get a chance to see these guys again, don't miss it!

Check out these two pics from Sunday night courtesy of my buddy Mike Adams:


2 comments:

Paulo J said...

it really was an amazing time! thanks for all you guys do!

Nina Fiedler said...

When I see the picture of Joe, well let's just say tears come to my eyes. I am in awe of what Christ is doing in His Church.