Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ouch!!!

So, I experienced a very humbling thing Sunday night. I was playing basketball with some guys at the high school and things were going pretty good, with the exception of my out-of-shapeness! I had the ball, cut to the left and then stopped to cut to the right. I should actually say that my body went to the right, but my left knee kept going to the left! Long story short, my knee popped out and popped back in. Probably THE most painful thing I've ever gone through in my life!

I bring this up because I've come to realize that I take some very simple things for granted...like walking. Laurie has had to help me tie my shoes or take off socks. It's been very humbling...and frustrating! But through it all, I've felt God telling me to appreciate the little things.

It doesn't look like anything is serious (probably just a sprain!), but even if there is something serious, I'm learning to take things in stride and be thankful for what I do have! As Job said, "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 words for you...HOPPY BRABBIT!

kevin said...

thanks laura...guess this is what happens when i get old, huh? : )

Paulo J said...

you seemed to be doing pretty good tonite. good to see you up & about. i feel for you, man. i do. get better in time for your vacation. but in the meantime, rest and let God teach you.