Friday, May 12, 2006

Worship Like a Child

Relevant Magazine has a great article posted on their website about worshipping God like a 1st grader. I have noticed in my short stint on this planet that people become more "refined" as that get older, which can be good and bad.

Wisdom is a treasure that only comes with age. I can't wait to get older for that very reason! But what about the passion of someone younger? When I went to the Passion Conference in Nashville back in January, I got to experience the worship of 18,000 college students...all on fire for Christ! They were uninhibited.

We're all capable of this. Go to a college football game. It's amazing how many "grown adults" make fools of themselves over a game that lasts a few hours, but those same people won't even consider acting the same way for the everlasting God who has saved them from sin and death.

I'm guilty of this too. Oftentimes I don't feel like it, or I'm focused on myself. Self-centeredness is the biggest obstacle to worship. That is why self-sacrifice is a key ingredient to entering the presence of God.

Next time you're in worship, think about what Christ has done for you and then let your heart respond how it wants to. Don't worry about who is watching. Just let it go. That's the sacrifice of praise.

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

i think this is why it's so simple to have faith, and that adults want to get too bogged down in details. this could be why 'the da vinci code'. yet, it is astonishing how simple belief and simple faith can be twisted and perverted so.