Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Merge and My Hero of the Week

I went to Merge's kick-off tonight at the Mission. It was really cool! The band rocked out some classic 90's hits, as well as Marvelous Light and Here is Our King. They sounded great! Chip did a great job casting the vision for Merge, in that it will be a place for 18 to 30 year olds to connect with God, despite their background with church. The turnout was somewhere between 60-70, pretty awesome! I'm pumped about this new ministry at TNC and to see what God is going to do with it!

To close, I'd like to bring back the hero of the week thing and say that my hero this week is Laurie. Last night, I decided to help her out by letting her rest and I'd take care of making dinner and watching the kids. I have a new appreciation for her! To have to feed an infant, keep a toddler and a 4-year old entertained, help our 1st grader with his homework, cook meatloaf, mash potatoes, and cook some veggies...WOW! I will not be quitting my day job any time soon!!! (At this very moment, I can hear the sound of mothers everywhere joining in a mighty AMEN!) So, baby, this ones for you. YOU ROCK!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN from me brother. I am sure you know who this is!!!! :)

Gene said...

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and veggies?? Kevin, I need to introduce you to Hot Pockets and Bagel Bites.