Saturday, January 13, 2007

Simplifying Life

We've been talking a lot around the Bradford house this week of how we can simplify our lives. One huge thing is not eating out. We've officially gone on strike! We got to thinking about the money that we waste on food (it hit me that for the same price of a large Coke at Mickey D's, we could get a 2-Liter!), as well as how it really does complicate our lives. We don't spend as much time as a family and stress levels get higher because we have four kids to get ready. (There have been times that we decided to stay home once we got everyone ready because of the craziness!)

Another way for me personally is to limit the amount of time I spend on small things so that I can be more efficent on the big things. For example, I LOVE reading blogs. I could waste an entire day reading blogs. But I would definitely consider it a small part of my day. So I'm going to limit the amount of time I spend on reading them. That's just one example.

I think the Simplify series is going to do a lot to help me get a better grasp of life!

No comments: