Thursday, July 06, 2006

Center

I was just on Charlie Hall's website, and he has a section of videos that tell the story behind some of the songs. He wrote a song titled "Center" that we have sung at TrueNorth before, so I clicked on the link to watch the story behind the song. In the video he mentions a verse that the song is formed from, Colossians 1:16. It says, "For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities---all things were created through Him and for Him."

It's really hit me how Christ has not been the center of my life. I mean, I do a lot of things for Him, but I can't say He's constantly at the center...I'm so busy doing and going that I neglect to sit and soak. I miss those times of soaking in His presence.

We're singing that song this Sunday and I'm really looking forward to letting it brew in my heart. Last night at Journey Team, one of the girls closed our group in prayer and she asked God to infiltrate us. That's what I want...for God to penetrate my heart and become the center of it once again.

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

great song this morning! in a postmodern world where everyone is trying to 'center' themselves, christians take it a step further as we don't center ourselves; rather it's Christ who centers us.