Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 7: Seeking God

Facedown is only 5 days away!!! I cannot wait. This edition is going to be awesome.

Something I will say that has been ringing in my ears lately is a story Steve told the staff after a recent trip. A pastor friend was telling him that they had an Easter service years ago that they spent a lot of time and energy preparing for. It was an outdoor event that they had rented top of the line sound and lighting equipment for. They spent tons of time praying that God would hold off the rain and for lots of people to show up, but, he admitted, they didn't spend time praying for God to show up. That is my biggest fear for Facedown...that we would be so focused on making Sunday night happen that we forget about God. He is the only reason we do this. I ask that you would join me in praying for Sunday asking that God would fill every inch of the high school campus with His Spirit.

You will seek me and find me when you seek Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

No comments: