Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day 8: The Coming Hope

Just a short entry today...

I read in 1 Thessalonians 4 yesterday about the return of Jesus. Paul tells of how the dead in Christ will rise to meet Jesus in the sky and then those that are left, those that are alive, will go up to join them. And the last verse, verse 18, says "Therefore encourage one another with these words." That really got me thinking. What an incredible day that will be when Jesus returns to take us home. I cannot fathom it, to be honest. But here's what else God showed me...your current circumstances are so small in the grand scheme of things. They are just a blip on the radar when you force yourself to step back and look at the big picture.

I know there is a lot of pain, stress, and uncertainty out there. But hear this: the coming Hope, Jesus Christ, will return one day to take us to our true home with Him and our Father God. That's something to celebrate!

No comments: